22 May 2012

Finished Octarine

Well, my Octarine socks have been finished! I have a few pictures, but I don't think they are as awesome as they could be. I really loved this pattern, but there is one difference I would make. If and when I ever knit these socks again, I will probably do another repeat of the leg lace pattern, then start the foot pattern as I had 20 rounds of stockinette before the toe decreases.

The yarn is awesome and fabulous. I love malabrigo! I have heard a lot about the lack of sturdiness of this yarn, so I will be reinforcing my heel a bit later on. That will be a different post, though, as I have divided up my remaining sock yarn into minis for friends who are also on the blankie path. I have plenty of strong yarn to use to reinforce, though, so it's all good.





I think the complexity of this pattern was perfect for my attention span and I do plan to knit it again. Now, to relax with a glass of wine and knit a sock yarn square or two before bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment