25 January 2012

Socks Part 2

Well, last night at knit night I started a new pair of socks. I am knitting them out of an awesome yarn I got from Yarnorama in Paige, TX. I bought it on Yarn Crawl. It's a handdyed sock yarn called FiberObsessions. It's an excellent yarn and I am enjoying working with it so far. The pattern is Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder.  She is the designer of the month for Sock Knitters Anonymous,  and I have worked with her patterns before and quite enjoyed them so I thought I'd go ahead and knit another. This pattern is also available as a pdf download on ravelry.

As far as changes done to the pattern, I have a gauge of 8 stitches/inch instead of 9. Since the Monkey socks fit me so well and have the same gauge, I just went ahead and cast on 80 stitches instead of 64 as the pattern suggested. They should turn out very well.

I really love the color of the yarn, but haven't been able to capture it in a picture yet. We will see if I can get it later. It's a very slate or dusk color with a lot of gray and some hints of blue here and there. I think it's gorgous. These will probably take me a lot longer since I have a few other things to wrap up and weave in the ends, so these will be on a backburner periodically. They will be done by the end of February for Sock Knitters Anonymous, though. If you want to follow my progress, here is my ravelry projects page.

No comments:

Post a Comment