25 January 2012

1.5 Mile Walk/Run

Part of my aerobics class involves a pre and post fitness test. I know that I am not at all fit and this is important to getting better. I have to be honest with myself about my current level of fitness in order to accept and move forward.

So, I did not do fantastically well when we did the walk/run. I honestly did mostly walking. However, that's acceptable. I can only move upward. My time was 26:24 and I don't think that's too bad. I am just happy I lived through the whole thing. There was a point at which I was walking and I felt just... awesome. I was not particularly winded after the whole thing and I felt like I could walk all day long. That didn't lost. The second I stopped moving my body was saying "Nope, we're not going anywhere for a while!". I'm glad I had some time to recover before having to walk the ten minutes to the other building where I had Chemistry class. I have also determined that I need better shoes for running or walking as well. I do have my shape ups, so I will probably use those for that. I need other shoes for aerobics, though, as the curved bottom does not do well with step aerobics since it is not easy to keep my balance.

So, in my aerobics class we are required to have at least one other workout a week and keep a log. So, I have decided to do the couch to 5 k program. I have a few friends who are doing it. I am going to start on Monday with my sister's boyfriend, Brian. He's interested in keeping me motivated and getting to the point of running 3 miles, as well. I am going to probably use the 5k runner app, which my friend Lisa is using and she says it's great. I guess I will be updating more about that on Monday, then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment