25 January 2012

Pho VN

Well, last night was knit night with the ladies. Liz, Janna, and I went out to eat before heading over to Laurel's to knit and chit chat until the wee hours of the morning. We went to an incredible restaurant my sister introduced us to and I thought I'd post about it here because it was just that awesome.

The restaurant is Pho VN. San Antonio has a very large number of Vietnamese restaurants in the Northwest area and I have been to most of them. I really enjoy Vietnamese food, particularly the vermicelli bowls.

We ordered an order of fresh spring rolls and they were absolutely fantastic. These are the ones with vegetables and meats with vermicelli rolled in rice paper and served with peanut sauce. They are absolutely great and I would suggest them to anyone.

The vermicelli bowls were great. Plenty of vegetables and meat with the noodles. Tastiness! My sister and her boyfriend have both told me that they also have excellent pho. I am not a general fan of soup, as it is, so I trust their opinion on this.

Liz also ordered a bubble tea. She got coconut flavor and I had a taste. It was very, very good. The tea itself was made with actual coconut milk and not that creepy blue syrup that other places have. The tapioca pearls were fresh and not chewy and very good. Excellent bubble tea.

Laurel got a to go order of chicken fried rice and said that that was also very good.

They had excellent customer service and were very attentive to our needs. The decor and atmosphere is also very soothing well done. I would suggest this restaurant to anyone who loves Vietnamese cuisine or is interested in trying something new.

Everything was reasonably priced and they deliver. Here is the contact information if anyone in the San Antonio area would like to check them out:

Pho VN
3505 Wurzbach suite 102
San Antonio, TX 78238
(210) 647-1444

No comments:

Post a Comment