25 January 2012

Finished Socks

Well, I am happy to say that I have finished the socks I've been working on. They look amazing and are very toasty warm as I sit here typing this in my pajamas. As I said before, these are the Monkey socks by Cookie A in her book Knit. Sock.Love. It is a great book and I would definitely suggest it. She has some amazing sock patterns!

I can honestly say that this is the first project for myself that I have done in a very long time and, well, selfish knitting does have its appeal. The only change I would have made is adding another pattern repeat to the foot before decreasing for the toe. I really hate toe decreases and I had to decrease from 40 stitches per side to 12 and so they are kind of pointy, which I don't love so much. Oh well. Next pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment